Friday, June 6, 2008

Lovegood!

With the help of two Harry Potter Crafts friends, Jennifer (Ofenjen) and Logan (HarryPotterKnitter), I finished two Third Task T-shirts in about two days. Thank you, thank you, thank you!



The young ladies that designed the shirts are Ravenclaws at heart and, shall we say, dance to their own drummer (by themsleves, kinda flailing their arms. It's rather cute actually.)








I needed to make two bi color shirts from one black and one blue shirt, so one shirt had to be the mirror image of the other. K thought it was a rather Luna thing to do. I followed Jennifer's directions for the main shirt deconstruction and construction, but Logan's idea to remove the neck binding. After a bit of a struggle, I removed the entire neck binding from both shirts, and used a strip cut off the bottom of the black shirt to bind the neck edges (the shirts were a bit too long anyway.)

Since time was short, I chose to use a t-shirt transfer for the front patch, which turned out pretty well, and only took about 15 minutes. I followed Jennifer's advice and painted the lettering on the back. Two coats of white followed by two of silver sparkly. The final effect was really quite good.

Thanks again for the help. The girls loved the shirts and looked fabulous!

2 comments:

pren said...

super cute! cant wait to see them on. btw you got me hooked on dr. who but its kinda scary sometimes i have to say. the first one i saw was the angel statues that move and try to get you when you arent looking. that one gave me nightmares. your girl is brave hahaha.

pj said...

Thanks! I'll post more pictures as soon as I get them developed.

Yes! Another Dr. Who fan! Oh I loved the angels episode! K has not seen that one. Hubby and I watch them after K goes to bed and then decide if she would ever sleep again. That episode was a definite not. K can't even watch the HP movies without diving behind the sofa. But she loves the old Dr. Who episodes and the new Sara Jane Adventures.

Next thing you know, you'll be knitting 20 foot scarves and eating Jelly Babies. (I only have 7 feet to go and the yellow ones are delicious ;) )