Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Just needs some fringe.

I've been busy.


I pretty much followed the Gryffindor House Scarf Pattern on atypically.knit. For economy sake, I used Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Claret and Gold. And for speed, I used my Bond Fashion Knitter with 50 needles in the bed. The Bond Fashion Knitter knits, and thats all. So the result is a long roll of stockinette stitch. So I folded the 50 stitch wide scarf in half and used mattress stitch to seam the long edge. My guage turned out to be 4 stiches per inch and 4 rows per inch, a bit bigger than the pattern. The final dimensions of the knitted scarf, minus the fringe is about 6 inches by 90 inches. I plan to make the fringe a bit longer than in the pattern to account for the increased length.


I made this scarf as a practice for a scarf I'm making a very special "Potter" fiiend of mine.


No comments: